Saturday, January 1, 2011

"Blue Eyes Green"

New days begin when the morning breaks
And I fight with myself for the strength
To face the hours, ahead, that wait
Oh, another hopeless day
The tears, they come not once, but twice
Coffee in my cup, pack of Camel Lights
But this don’t solve those lonely nights
When silence danced in both your eyes.
So heaven can wait till I’m ready
Boys like me, well, they rock steady
Steady as it goes, easy there now
Nothing’s ever easy if time runs out


The saddest thing
I’ve ever seen
Is when you turned
You turned your blue eyes green
And the saddest thing
I’ll ever do
Is go on living
In love with you.
You’re the saddest thing
The saddest thing….
I’ve ever seen.


A shower, some coffee, and a quick snack
Can’t help but wonder if you’re coming back
To fill my heart with what it lacks.
Where’d we go off track?
I tried to show you that I cared
My love stops with you, yes I swear
You say you’re off, but off to where?
Leaving me like this isn’t fair.
In the courtyards of my mind
Well I see him there each night
His golden eyes, my bleeding pen
I’m right back at his door again…


You’re the saddest thing
I’ve ever seen
The saddest thing…

No comments:

Post a Comment